Friday, July 17, 2009

Saying goodbye....

This summer semester is almost over here at BYU-I and it's going to be so hard saying goodbye this time. I have made some super amazing friends this semester and I am going to miss them SO much! A few months ago, all I wanted to do was go home. I got my mission call, I didn't care about school anymore. I was doing horribly at my major. I was missing my friends at home. I was missing my family. I had no direction. (Except that I was going on a mission.) I wasn't doing my homework because I just didn't have the desire. I wasn't being pathetic (most of the time) or depressed or anything, I was just needing to move on (in my opinion.) I wish now that I hadn't wasted those two months. Not only because now I have a ton of catching up to do, but because I needed to be keeping busy. It's easy to get distracted and lose focus when I'm not staying busy. I get doubtful and once again I am forced to be humble. I can say that honestly, that is exactly what happened to me. This semester has had some trials. Some big, others small and petty. But one of the major blessings as a result of one of those trials is that I came closer to my Heavenly Father than I can ever say that I have. So on one hand, I am glad these couple of months have had some difficulty. It will have an eternal effect on me in the best way possible. Because of this experience, I can forsee Heavenly Father and I having an amazing relationship on my mission.
It amazes me how He knows exactly what I need when I need it. He knows how to give me those tender mercies and that extra boost when I'm in the deepest pit of a trial. When I am struggling, I can always step back and look at how life is wonderful. He makes it so easy for me to see that. When I feel lonely, He provides me with amazing friends. Or He gives me prayer, where I can tell Him about it. And as a result of that, I always feel peace. I love that giddy feeling after a spiritual experience. I can't wait to feel that all the time.
I have been blessed SO MUCH these past couple of months with chances for growth and experience. I always learn so much when I come to school. I am always stretched in one way or another. I am going to miss this univerity and the people I have come to love this semester. It's so hard to think that I'll probably never see some of them again. Especially since I'm leaving for 1 1/2 years.
But I'm SO excited to go to Russia and serve the Lord and His children. I am so thankful for this opportunity. RUSSIA- It still blows my mind!

well, I better go do something productive... or something...

No comments: